Lola, after life

/ Wednesday, January 9, 2013 /

Lola, dead, 2012 © Chrissie Smolders

Last July we had to put one of our dogs down. We put her in the car to go to the vet, and in a flash I grabbed my camera. Why did I do that? Did I want to capture death, or simply remember; to not forget the face of this dog, the scar she had on one of her big, clumsy paws? Here, though I make her dead through my title, it doesn't have to be absolutely so. That makes it less shocking. Less confrontational. But I also took two photos as she was put in the ground, in my grandparents backyard. There, she looked contorted. Her eyes were open too much. Death was staring at me. I did not save those scans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Resonant Photography, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger